Monday, September 9, 2013

The Girl Who Played With Fire - a review


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"The Girl Who Played With Fire"

There ought be a health warning with this book - I found it so enjoyable, I couldn't put it down and I therefore sat reading all day instead of going for a walk.
I really enjoyed "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and couldn't wait to start reading the sequel. In my opinion, this second book of the "Millennium Trilogy" is even better.
We get to know more of the enigmatic Lisbeth Salander who is wanted by
the police in connection with some brutal murders. Of course, our heroine (if we can call someone that has been labelled a raving, sociopathic, murdering, satanist, lesbian a heroine) is eventually found to be innocent of the crimes. More than that, we get to understand more of why Lisbeth is the way she is.
There are other interesting characters, both good and evil including the other main character from the first book, journalist Mikael Blomkvist.
This book is full of excitement and twists and turns and I can't wait to read the third book in the trilogy. What a shame that the author Stieg Larsson died before writing further books. I'd love to read more about Lisbeth Salander!




other blogs by Robert Bovington:
"Photographs of Spain"
"Spanish Impressions"
"postcards from Spain"
"you couldn't make it up!"
"a grumpy old man in Spain"
"Spanish Expressions"
"Spanish Art"
"Books About Spain"

No comments:

Post a Comment