Wednesday, October 10, 2012

England Sept 2012 - Brighton

Some of the photos that I took in Brighton on my September 2012 visit:

The Rockery near Preston Park is quite spectacular. Here are some of the photographs that I took.




Opposite is Preston Park...



and nearby is Preston Manor. I visited the Gardens...


I saw a squirrel...


on the wall near St Peter's Church Preston Village, Brighton...


It started to rain so I got on a bus to the Old Steine. It had only been a short shower so I took a photo of the Royal Pavilion...



Then went for a walk along the seafront - the sea was a bit choppy...

Brighton Pier
view towards Brighton Marina

I encountered a new statue...

Steve Ovett was a former Olympian. The former middle distance runner was gold medalist in the 800 metres at the 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow. He set world records for 1500 metres and the mile. He still holds the UK record for 2 miles (3,219 m), which he set in 1978. Like me, he was born and bred in Brighton & Hove.








other blogs by Robert Bovington:
"Photographs of Spain"
"Spanish Impressions"
"postcards from Spain"
"you couldn't make it up!"
"a grumpy old man in Spain"
"Spanish Expressions"
"Spanish Art"
"Books About Spain"

No comments:

Post a Comment